The third-season premiere of Only Murders in the Building pushed the comedy to its best showing yet on the streaming charts. Suits continued its dominant summer, setting a record for the most consecutive weeks with more than 3 billion minutes of viewing time.
Only Murders in the Building opened its third season on Hulu on Aug. 8, and it drew 719 million minutes of watch time for the week of Aug. 7-13. That’s a series high for the show and 24 percent higher than its previous best, 578 million minutes for the week of its season two finale in August 2022. It finished third among original series and ninth overall in Nielsen’s rankings.
Suits extended its remarkable summer with 3.01 billion minutes of viewing on Netflix and Peacock, becoming the first show in the three-year history of Nielsen’s weekly charts to record 3 billion or more minutes in seven consecutive weeks. Previous smashes Stranger Things and Wednesday had considerably higher peaks, but neither of them stayed above 3 billion minutes for more than three weeks in a row.
Netflix’s opioid-crisis drama Painkiller was the biggest debut of the week, amassing 990 million minutes of viewing. The Lincoln Lawyer (1.42 billion minutes) held at No. 1 among original series for a second week. Netflix also had a strong movie premiere with Heart of Stone, starring Gal Gadot. It had 966 million minutes of watch time over its first three days.
The Summer I Turned Pretty also charted for the fifth straight week with 457 million minutes on Prime Video.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings cover viewing on TV sets only and don’t include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure U.S. audiences, not those in other countries. The top streaming titles for Aug. 7-13 are below.
1. Suits (Netflix/Peacock), 3.01 billion minutes viewed
2. The Lincoln Lawyer (Netflix), 1.42 billion
3. Bluey (Disney+), 1.07 billion
4. Painkiller (Netflix), 990 million
5. Heart of Stone (Netflix), 966 million
6. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 849 million
7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Disney+), 811 million
8. NCIS (Netflix/Paramount+), 771 million
9. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), 719 million
10. Cocomelon (Netflix), 654 million
1. The Lincoln Lawyer, 1.42 billion minutes
2. Painkiller, 990 million
3. Only Murders in the Building, 719 million
4. Sweet Magnolias (Netflix), 531 million
5. The Summer I Turned Pretty (Prime Video), 457 million
6. Gabby’s Dollhouse (Netflix), 436 million
7. The Witcher (Netflix), 421 million
8. Untold (Netflix), 418 million
9. Futurama (Hulu), 363 million
10. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+), 304 million
1. Suits, 3.01 billion minutes
2. Bluey, 1.07 billion
3. Grey’s Anatomy, 849 million
4. NCIS, 771 million
5. Cocomelon, 654 million
6. The Big Bang Theory (Max), 522 million
7. SpongeBob SquarePants (Paramount+/Prime Video), 519 million
8. Heartland (Hulu/Netflix/Peacock), 494 million
9. SWAT (Hulu/Netflix/Paramount+), 462 million
10. Supernatural (Netflix), 455 million
1. Heart of Stone, 966 million minutes
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, 811 million
3. The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Peacock), 598 million
4. Despicable Me 2 (Netflix/Peacock), 443 million
5. Fatale (Netflix), 316 million
6. River Wild (2023) (Netflix), 300 million
7. Rio 2 (Disney+/Hulu/Prime Video), 265 million
8. Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (Paramount+), 253 million
9. Safe (2012) (Netflix), 252 million
10. Fast Five (Netflix), 218 million
#Streaming #Ranks #Aug #Hollywood #Reporter